I am a UNISON member & have just joined the OU, what do I need to do?

If you are already a UNISON member when you join the Open University as a member of staff and you would like to continue your membership of UNISON, please telephone

UNISONdirect - Call free 0800 0 857 857

quote your membership number if you know it and inform them of your change of employer.

Our branch number is 8215 - Open University

Please then inform the Branch Office via email,  from your OU email account of your Full Name & your Membership number.  Once we can confirm that your membership has been transfered to the Branch, we will send you a welcome message.

N.B. Please remember that if you paid your membership by deduction from your salary at your previous employer, your payments will cease once you leave their employment.

If you are paying your membership via Direct Debit, your membership will continue as before.  However unless you inform the membership department or this branch directly, you will not receive any communications from the Branch & it will take us longer to confirm that we can assist you, should you require help at some point in the future.